Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Ratman

Ratman is a character I would never use again, but I thought it would be neat to post it here since I drew an entire eight-page story a little more than six years ago. It never occurred to me that his name would make everyone think "Batman." His inspiration was actually a character I played in a game of TSR's Marvel Super Heroes roleplaying game around 2004 or 2005. One of the panels in this story is almost a complete swipe from a Daredevil comic book. In fact, Daredevil was a greater inspiration to me than Batman. I've always liked Daredevil, at least the Daredevil I knew when I used to read his comic book in the early to mid-'80s. A particular point in his favor was that he and I are both named Matt. 

Anyway, here's all eight pages of Ratman. This is the only story I properly penciled (within my limited ability) and then inked just like in the real comic books. It was even drawn in the larger size real comic book artists use.


No comments:

Post a Comment