Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Radioman #1

Here we have the very first adventure of Radioman, hastily drawn on a regular sheet of lined paper. The idea was to tell a more-or-less complete story in just one page, kind of like those old Hostess ads from comic books of the late '70s and early '80s. Had I imagined I would be sharing this at some future date, I would have made greater effort in the drawing and used actual drawing paper. But here it is, in all its glory.


I drew this in about 10 minutes, in case you can't tell.

Eagle-eyed readers will notice that the symbol on Radioman's chest is simply the letter "R" at this point. That's because this story predates the color drawing used in my first post. The "R", over time, evolved into a stylized "R" with a lightning bolt extending from its base, then turned into the radio tower emblem that we all know and love today.


No comments:

Post a Comment